Pages

Monday, January 5, 2015

#Fasting2015 Day 1: Rest

Today marks the first day of our #Fasting2015 at Victory Ortigas. As I reflect on my newly written faith goals for this year, God impressed in my heart the word "rest". How amazing can God put words inside my head at the right time! It's because after reading my faith goals a few times, I felt a little worried. How will I be able to accomplish all these things? 

Then it hit me. The battle is not mine. It's God's.

"...and he said, "Listen, all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem and King Jehoshaphat: thus says the LORD to you, "Do not fear or be dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours but God's." -2 Chronicles 20:15

Upon realizing this, I immediately ran away from the computer and headed to my room. Then I locked the door and started talking to God. Then a bird suddenly perched upon my room's window. Now, an event such as this doesn't always happen. Birds won't perch upon our windows because they aren't always fully open which means there is not much space for the birds to move around. The birds usually prefer electric wires. But not only that. The next second, the bird did something extraordinary. It began tapping on my window. As I waited for what it's gonna do next, I muttered the name of my Lord and Savior "Yeshua" and then it flew away.

Then I found myself tearing up as I was reminded of the things that the King said in the Bible involving birds.

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?" -Matthew 6:25-27

"Are not two sparrows sold for a penny ? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." -Matthew 10:29-31

There are two things that I got from these verses.

On the first verse, God is telling me not to worry about my faith goals for everything is to be accomplished by Him. The battle is His, not mine.

On the second verse, God is telling me that I have no idea how valuable I am to Him. Wow.

Brothers and sisters, our God is clearly a romantic. How he delivers His messages to his sons and daughters in subtle but powerful ways! Right now, my mind is totally blown away and I am admittedly "kinikilig" while I was writing this. How can I help it?

It's only Day 1, church! My prayer is that may you find "rest" in God as you begin this new season. Remember. The battle is His, not yours.

"For from him and through him and for him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen." -Romans 11:36

No comments:

Post a Comment