Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

My Perfect Hair Wax: A Panic-Buying Story

Many guys will agree with me on this. Finding the perfect hair wax for our hair is not easy.

Our hairs- though made of dead skin cells- have proven to be one of the “vainest” parts of the human body and a source of a gazillion of ideas and inspirations for the creation of the many hair products such as shampoos, conditioners, hair styling aids, accessories and etc.

Pardon the vanity.
Life without hair is unimaginable. Literally, we’ll be able to dissolve half of the products being sold in the hair or beauty gondolas of supermarkets and groceries when that happens. And then the hundreds and hundreds of beauty parlors sprouting here and everywhere in Manila...

As I was saying. It’s not easy to find the perfect hair wax. It took me years, literally, after finding the “perfect” hair wax that I want for my hair. Here’s how it looks.

Tadaa! The perfect hair wax. 

I found it when I was in my first job. It was introduced to me by a hairstylist working for a hair salon I only visited once or twice in my entire life. That time, I was on a lookout for the “right” hair salon for me. And though the salon didn’t become the “right one" for it’s too far from home but the hair wax?! 

It's the one.

After some time, I lost contact with the hairstylist. And I know that even though I decide to see him, he won't let me buy in bulk since he's just selling the wax discreetly. And then one fateful day-

I found the magical hair wax lying beautifully in one of the gondolas in Watson’s in SM City Sta. Mesa!

As if panic-buying, I bought three instantly.

The magic three.

Till’ now I still don’t know the exact brand name of the hair wax. (Though from that picture above, you can say it's "Lightness" but believe me... It's plainly labeled as "hair wax" in the gondola.) The keeper from Watson’s said it’s manufactured by Shine Moist. (Anyone familiar with this brand?) Unlike other hair waxes, this one’s not sticky and very easy to rinse. It makes the hair easier to style and gives it a little shine boost.

It looks like gel but the packaging says it's hair wax. So, hair wax.

One jar just costs around PhP54.75. It’s the perfect  hair wax for me!

18 comments:

  1. seems like panic-buying indeed! :) but i agree with you and would have done the same thing: buy more especially if the product does have positive effect on the user. nice post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for this tip... i'll definitely try this out pag humaba na ulit buhok ko... hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. will recommend this to a friend! looks very light, same with the cost. so light for the budget!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mark! A week back, I was reading your articles and had seen this one...yesterday, I accidentally found this "lightness' wax among the shelves of Landmark Makati!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Ate Aillie! Good thing I'm in Makati today and I need to replenish! Thanks thanks! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. guys i guess this is not for hair styling, this is for hair wax removal kindly check this site http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/5664045/Lightness+hair+care+product#imageGallery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is indeed a hair styling wax. we're using this product in our salon.
      hair removal wax is totally different from this one.

      Delete
  7. magkano po bili niyo sa watson? inintroduce lang din sakin yan nung hairstylist sa salon bandang tapat ng sm north, P150 ang selling price nila. maganda nga yung wax na yan madali pormahin ang buhok at easy to rinse pa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tagal ko na hinahanap to. naubusan na kasi dito sa salon. clay na gamit nila. meron ba kayong alam sa south area? thanks!

      Delete
  8. tagal ko na hinahanap to. naubusan na kasi dito sa salon. clay na gamit nila. meron ba kayong alam sa south area? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saan pwede maka bili nyan?

    ReplyDelete
  10. 168 MALL 2ND FLOOR (2E-12-14).

    DIVISORIA MALL 1ST FLOOR (GUG-55-57)
    sophiamarieph
    Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines
    Room 1703, Sunjoy Tower 525 Lavezares St. , Binondo, Manila Philippines 1006

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sophiamarie Store.. i've been using this since 2010..

      Delete
  11. san pwede makabili neto? ?please reply asap

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome and interesting article. Great things you've always shared with us. Thanks. Just continue composing this kind of post. City Index product review

    ReplyDelete
  13. Although it has not been the case in the last one week, crypto has traditionally been the very best hedge for traditional markets. Its lack of correlation with the stocks, particularly, has actually been ensured that crypto is an essential throughout their failures. This week has actually seen this pattern modification. As conventional markets plunged, the crypto market complied with the same pattern. Auto bitcoin bot

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eyal Nachum is a fintech guru and a director at Bruc Bond. Eyal is the architect of the software that SMEs use to do cross-border payments.

    ReplyDelete