|[Photo Credits: http://www.ucobserver.org]|
God loves us. We have heard this statement many times since we were kids. But how many of us had really realized this truth? Reading The Shack helped me a lot in getting closer to living this simple truth. I truly enjoyed every page of it. I recommend this to anyone who would like to know more about God and His great love for us.
Note: The Shack is not a book about religion nor any institution. It's a book about having a personal relationship with God and how an ordinary guy named Mack was able re-tell his true-to-life encounter with God in a place beyond his imagination. For more information about the book, visit their website. Click here.
|[Photo Credits: http://oceanofgrace.org]|
1. You are loved. "We tend to live either in the past or the future; dwelling on the pain and the regret of the past, instead of a quick visit to learn something from it. Or fearing the future, letting our imagination run wild with worry, and forgetting to see the future with Jesus. This happens when: a. we don’t really know we’re loved and b. we don’t believe that God is good."
|[Photo Credits: http://rhythmontherock.com]|
2. Forgiveness. "Ask for forgiveness and let the forgiveness heal you. Take the risk of honesty. Faith does not grow in the house of uncertainty."
|[Photo Credits: http://citynoise.org]|
3. Evil was never a plan of God's. "Evil was never a plan of God’s. We must return from our independence, give up being his judge, and know God for who he is."
|[Photo Credits: http://www.about-jesus.zoomshare.com]|
4. God's healing. "Sin is its own punishment, devouring from the inside. It’s not God’s purpose to punish it; it’s God’s joy to cure it."
|[Photo Credits: http://cornishevangelist.wordpress.com]|
5. God's light. "The darkness hides the true size of fears and lies and regrets. The truth is that they are more shadow than reality, so they seem bigger in the dark. When the light shines into the places where they live inside you, you start to see them for what they are."
Thank you, Gian, for the special gift.