Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Miracles from Heaven

Perhaps God is giving me a chance to mourn.

Earlier, I decided to watch "Miracles From Heaven" -- alone. It is a story of the miraculous healing a 10-year old girl from Texas who was suffering from an incurable disease. One day, she and her older sister climbed a dead tree near their house just like what they do when they were young. While climbing the tree, she and her sister met an accident and she fell inside the hollow dead tree. When she was rescued and brought to the hospital that's when her healing started to take place.

There were so many scenes in the movie that made me remember the last few days of my grandma at the hospital. I cried so many tears in this movie even only during the first 10 minutes. Perhaps it was my time to cry now. When I was at the hospital until the burial of my grandma, I decided to be strong. I did not cry much. I have to be strong for the family. Someone has to entertain the guests and to help my eldest aunt in making sure that everything is running smoothly.

Above all, the movie reminded me to be steadfast with my faith. And that everyday is a gift from God. If we treat each day as a gift from God -- a special favor -- I believe that we will have a more grateful heart. And a grateful heart complains less, sees the positive side more and is happier.

I actually have so many things to say about having a grateful heart by treating each day as a gift, a miracle, and I believe that the movie came to me at the right time. But for now, I am going to say no more and just allow you guys to see the movie for yourselves. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment