Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Keeping The Fire Burning

God gives timely answers.

Saturday night. My event at SMX just ended. I decided to taste the famous Pares that can be found in Retiro in Quezon City. My officemate lives near the site of the famous Pares restaurant so I decided to go with her.

As we get near Sta. Mesa area, I realized that it was a Saturday night and in my phone it just turned a bit past 7:00pm. The youth service at Victory Ortigas had just started. While inside the taxi, I looked around and saw that there appeared a bus in front of us that I used to ride going to Victory Ortigas. I knew just exactly what to do.

Since my officemate knew about my faith, I need not use much words to explain to her that I need to postpone our Pares night for another time. I need to go to the church.

In the middle of the road, with the taxi going to a halt and the stoplight burning scarlet, I jumped out of the taxi and hopped inside the bus that shall take me to Victory Ortigas.

Victory indeed!

Inside the bus, I was contemplating to myself. I was praying to God that may He help me keep this passion for Him alive inside my heart forever. This passion that is so strong that without much thinking I can postpone pre-planned activities and decide to seek for His word.

Once again I was reminded of the same youthful passion that used to intoxicate me way back in high school. I was a typical overachiever during my high school days. I just really love going to school every day. Back then, while most of my classmates are happy during holidays and weekends, I was the saddest person in the planet. I can't help it. I just love being at school! Achieving at school is what wakes me up early in the morning and what makes me sleep late at night too. I just love the life inside the campus! The school was a home to me!

This passion that I am currently feeling right now because of my renewed relationship with Jesus reminds me of how afire I was for school during my younger days. And I just prayed fervently to the Lord to never ever let this fire inside me die down and instead keep it burning, and keep it burning hotter and hotter each day that the person next to me will be able to feel it too! I want to affect others with this fire!

I reached Victory Ortigas. As I entered the service center, the words of the youth pastor blew me away.

The topic was taken from 2 Timothy 1:6-7. It says, “For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.”

Fan into flame the gift of God. Fan into flame the gift of God.Fan into flame the gift of God. The youth pastor was talking about passion for God!
Source: www.christthekingwaco.net

This letter of Paul to Timothy incredibly blew my mind and clearly this was God’s answer to the prayer that I said to Him while I was inside the bus. Right then and there, I just wanted to thank Him for giving me the chance to catch the youth pastor's preaching, though halfway through it I arrived, I was able to catch the main essence of what he was talking about. Passion. Keeping the fire burning. 

As a new Christian, this was a real blessing to me. I couldn’t describe to you how much I felt so blessed by God that Saturday night. I just literally wanted to sing for Him and shout His name filled with gratitude and praise! I wanted to write about it immediately and share it to you just like what I am doing right now through this blog.

I believe that we have an indescribable God. He works in ways that we won’t expect and once we put our trust in Him, we can expect to be amazed by His awesome power from that moment on! If you are a new Christian or a long-time Christian, my prayer for you is to keep your passion for God burning forever. May God keep it ablaze so that you too will be able to cause fires inside the hearts of others. May your passion for God never die away but instead continue to inspire others and affect as many people as you can to do the same!

God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment