Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A Date With God

a date with God
This is the most "anti-religious" blog post I have ever written.

If you consider yourself anti-religious, I thank God that you have stumbled upon this place. I am an anti-religious too. A couple of months ago, I decided to drop religion and pursue a relationship with God. I believe in God and I know that He doesn't need my religious rituals and repetitive prayers. What He wants is my heart and after everything that happened in my life, I decided to give it to Him. From that day on, my life changed forever.

Don't get me wrong. I belong to a church because I also believe in building relationships with other people. I do not want to believe in a kind of god that doesn't want me to care for other people. This is why I believe in Jesus.

But I don't consider this a religion. Early Christians didn't. They even used to gather in their own houses and serve each other willingly and without compulsion. This, for me, is relationship. Relationship is not about obligation. Religion is.

In my pursuit of having a relationship with God, I believe He had led me to the people who had helped me a lot and also to some verses in the Bible that gave me a glimpse of His own heart. I hope that you will also give yourself a chance to experience what I have experienced. If you will only allow God, I believe He will lead you too to whichever will be able to help you.

Below are some of the things that some people do with God. These are not enumerated to be done as a ritual. The key is not in the act itself but it in your heart's desire to be in His presence. The key is in practising His presence. Then let everything flow from there.

I hope this list will be able to give you an idea in your mind on what you can do. Again, the key is in practising His presence. It's the beginning of everything.

1. Think of Him in the morning.

A lot of revelations are given to me by God during my dreams and whenever I wake up. Sometimes, I receive verses from the Bible and one time, there had been an instruction for me to check a particular verse. When I found it, it happened to be a very relevant verse that I needed to read during that time. When you wake up in the morning, practise His presence and He will lead you to many wonderful revelations that will amaze you.



2. Give Him a spiritual hug before bed.

Our God is love. Yes, you can pursue an intimate relationship with Him and give Him spiritual hugs and kisses. He cares about you, even the smallest things. Did you know that He knows the count of your hair strands? He cares about you and He wants to hug you if you want to. Practise His presence and He will give you exactly what you need in His perfect time.

3. Eat with Him.

I was inspired by a friend who takes photos of what she's eating and then post them online with caption, "Dating with the One." I believe that women should fall in love with God first, and the same is true for men. A lot of Christian men do look up to women who have incredibly intimate relationships with God. I believe He should be everybody's first love.

4. Take a walk at night with Him.

You love long walks and long talks? God doesn't mind. Take a stroll in the night and just tell Him everything that happened the whole day. He cares about you and loves you more than you'll ever know. If you want to know how romantic God is, read the Song of Solomon. All Scripture is God-breathed. And the Song of Solomon is a clear proof that our God is a romantic.

"Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame." -Song of Solomon 8:6 

What I personally do?

Since I am a work-from-home professional who loves staying in, I only need some dim lights, oil burner and some quiet Christian music. I actually have a playlist that is called The Quiet One. It's a collection of relaxing Christian songs that are perfect if you want to have a quiet time with Him. I have been truly blessed by these songs and I want to share them with you. Please click here.

I turn the big lights off, turn the dim lights on, light the oil burner and then play this playlist. I lie down on my bed, stare at the ceiling and start feeling His presence.

The list can go on and on. Some people love to climb the mountains and stare at the starry sky. Some people love to travel and see the beauty of God's creation. In everything that you do, may you always find God. Take some time to read the Bible and be a part of a group that can help you go deeper in your walk with God.

If you are looking for a group, please don't hesitate to contact me via 0917-838-7545 or via markjosephdelgado@ymail.com. You may also join our group called The Yeshua Project. Please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment