1 ½ cups all purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 1/8 teaspoons baking soda
¾ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 1/8 cups vegetable oil
3 pcs eggs
1 cup white sugar
½ cup brown sugar
2 cups, boiled, shredded pure ube
1 can condensed milk
1 cup thinly sliced langka/jackfruit
12 pcs egg yolks
2 cups whipped cream
drops of violet food color
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line and grease 9 inch round pan. Set aside.
- Cake: Sift together all the dry ingredients except for sugar. Set aside.
- Mix together oil and sugar. Stir very well. Add eggs one at a time.
- Add mashed ube.
- Add dry ingredients. Mix until well blended. Do not overmix.
- Pour unto prepared pan and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Filling: Combine everything in a double boiler and cook over medium heat until thick. Cool.
- Assemble: Divide cake into 3 portions. Fill each layer with jackfruit filling. Frost all over with whipped cream. Garnish all over with toasted almonds. Chill.