2 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups all purpose flour
8 pcs eggs
4 cups fresh milk
1 cup sugar
4 pcs egg yolks
4 pcs whole eggs
1 cup cornstarch
1 tbsp. vanilla
½ cup butter
500 grams white chocolate, melted
toasted almond flakes
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Choux: Combine first 3 ingredients in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until it simmer and butter has melted. Add flour at once. Stir very well until it forms like a ball or a dough.
- Beat using wooden spoon until slightly cooled. Add eggs one at time.
- Transfer dough in a piping bag or you can just use ice cream scooper. Scoop dough and place it in a cookie sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes until it puffs. Set aside.
- Pastry Cream: Combine 3 ½ cups of fresh milk and sugar in a saucepan. Let it boil.
- Meanwhile, you can now dissolve cornstarch in ½ cup milk. Add eggs. Set aside.
- Once the milk mixture boils pour half of the mixture unto the egg mixture. When the egg mixture has been tempered, you can now bring that mixture back unto the fire and continue cooking until thick. Turn off heat, add butter and vanilla. Let it cool.
- Assemble: Fill each choux puffs with pastry cream by using piping bags. Dip each puffs unto the melted white chocolate and sprinkle top with almond chips.